If your drain is clogged and not draining properly, there are a few things you can do to clear it.
How To Unclog Drain 4 Ways
If your sink or bathtub is backing up, there are a few things you can do to clear the drain pipe. This guide will walk you through the different steps, and provide detailed instructions on how to clear a drain pipe the best way possible.
Step One: Verify the Cause
Before you start clearing the drain pipe, you first need to determine the cause of the backed up water. This can be done by checking the following:
- Are there any obstructions in the drain pipe?
- Are there any holes in the sink or bathtub?
- Has the water level in the sink or bathtub risen significantly in the last few days?
If the answer to any of the above questions is no, then you can proceed to step two. Otherwise, you will need to take the following steps to clear the drain pipe:
- Clear any obstructions in the drain pipe.
- Fix any holes in the sink or bathtub.
- Lower the water level in the sink or bathtub.
If you are unable to determine the cause of the backed up water, then you will need to call a professional.
What You’ll Need
- A plunger
- Pipe cleaner
- A bucket
- An auger
- A snake
- A bucket full of water
1. Clear the area around the drain pipe by removing any debris with a plunger.
2. Clean the drain pipe using a pipe cleaner.
3. Attach the auger to the end of the pipe cleaner and use it to unscrew the drain pipe.
4. Use the snake to clear the drain pipe of any debris.
5. Fill a bucket with water and place it next to the drain pipe.
6. Quickly unscrew the drain pipe and place it in the bucket of water.
7. Allow the pipe to soak in the water for a few minutes.
8. Remove the drain pipe from the water and dry it off.
Step One: Inspect The Drain
Before you do anything, it’s important to inspect the drain. If there is anything in it, you’ll need to remove it first before proceeding. This could include anything from hair to toys.
Step Two Clear The Drain
If there is anything in the drain, you’ll need to clear it. This could involve using a plunger, a bucket and some soap. Make sure to use enough soap to cover the debris and push it down the drain. Be careful not to block the drain with too much soap.
Step Two: Clear The Debris
The debris that is collected in the drain pipe will need to be cleared before the drain can be cleared. This debris can be cleared by using a plunger. The plunger will suction onto the debris and pull it out of the drain. This will clear the drain and allow the cleaning process to begin.
Step Three: Flush The Drain
To clear the blockage completely and prevent further problems, you’ll need to flush the drain. Start by turning on the main water supply to the house and turning off the water to the drain. Use a plunger to push the waste and water down the drain. Use the suction to clear any obstructions. Once the obstruction is cleared, turn on the main water supply to the house and turn off the water to the drain.
If you have a blocked drain pipe, the first thing to do is to unblock it using a plunger. If this doesn’t work, you can call a professional drain cleaner to unblock the pipe for you.
If you have a clogged drainpipe, clearing it may seem like a daunting task, but with a few simple steps you can get the job done. Follow these tips and you’ll be on your way to a clear drain in no time.