Cleaning dirty washer drain pipes can be a daunting task, but it’s important to remember that a blocked drain can lead to serious water damage. Follow these simple steps to clean and unblock a washer drain pipe:
1. Clear any obstructions from the drain opening using a plunger.
2. Pour a bucket of hot water into the washer and let it run until the water is clear.
3. Use a plunger to push the water and debris down the drain.
4. Sweep the debris and water out of the drain using a shovel or a bucket.
5. Pour a layer of baking soda down the drain.
6. Plug the drain opening with a plastic bag
Washer Won't Drain? How to Clean Out Your Drain Hose
Why you should clean your washer drain pipe
Cleaning your washer drain pipe is important to prevent clogs and backups in your washer. Clogs can prevent your washer from spinning and can lead to water damage. Backups can damage your drain pipe and cause flooding in your home. By cleaning your drain pipe regularly, you can prevent these problems from happening.
To clean your washer drain pipe, you will need the following supplies:
- A plunger
- A bucket
- A hose
- A brush
- A bucket full of water
- A shovel
- A rake
1. Start by filling the bucket with water and placing it next to the washer.
2. Place the plunger on the drain pipe and push the plunger down until it is fully submerged.
3. Turn on the water to the washer and wait for the water to flow into the bucket.
4. Once the water has flowed into the bucket, remove the plunger and brush the drain pipe clean.
5. Pour the clean water from the bucket into the washer and turn off the water to the washer.
6. Remove the shovel and rake and dispose of them properly.
How often you should clean your washer drain pipe
This is a question that can be difficult to answer because it depends on the type of washer and the amount of water that is used. Some people recommend cleaning the drain pipe every time the washer is used, while others only clean it if there is water coming out of the pipe black or dark in color. The best way to find out when it is necessary to clean the drain pipe is to experiment and see what works best for you.
What you will need to clean your washer drain pipe
-Sturdy pot or pan that is about two feet in diameter
-Large garden hose
-Stairs or a ladder
1. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to fill your washer with the appropriate amount of water.
- Place the pot or pan on the bottom of the washer and turn it on to “sink.”
- Connect the garden hose to the washer’s inlet and turn on the water.
- Put on the rubber gloves and open the drain valve on the washer’s drain pipe.
- Pour the soapy water down the drain pipe and close the valve.
- Wait five minutes and then open the drain valve again and pour the water out of the washer.
- Close the valve and turn off the water.
- Remove the pot or pan from the washer and dispose of it.
- Hang the washer on its drain pipe using the steps or a ladder.
10. Rags can be used to clean the drain pipe and the surrounding area.
Step by step instructions to clean your washer drain pipe
1) Open the washer and remove the drain hose.
2) Use a garden hose to rinse the entire drain pipe.
3) Hold the drain pipe open with one hand and use the other hand to pour a bucket of cold water down the drain pipe until the water reaches the trap.
4) Shut off the water and remove the drain hose.
5) Pour a pot of boiling water down the drain pipe.
6) Shut off the water and wait five minutes.
7) Use a plunger to clear any debris from the drain pipe.
8) Reattach the drain hose and close the washer.
9) Turn on the water and wait until the washer drains.
What to do if your washer drain pipe is still clogged after cleaning
If you followed our cleaning instructions and your washer drain pipe is still clogged, here is what to do:
1. Remove all the debris from the drain pipe using a plunger or a vacuum cleaner.
- Add boiling water to the washer and wait for the hot water to fill up the drain pipe.
- Once the hot water is flowing freely, use a plunger to push the debris and gunk down the drain pipe.
- Make sure to rinse the plunger and the drain pipe with cold water after pushing the debris down the drain.
Cleaning a washer drain pipe can be a difficult task, but it’s important to do it if the pipe becomes blocked. Here are some tips to help make the process easier:
1. Clear any debris from the drain pipe using a plunger. This will help make the cleaning process easier.
2. Use a hose to spray water down the drain pipe from a high point, using a circular motion.
3. Use a plunger to force water and debris down the drain.
4. Use a snake to clean the inside of the drain pipe.
5. Use a bucket to catch any water that comes out of the drain pipe.